Sunday, October 2, 2011

Moment for Life...

This song is so uplifting. Really. Just look at the lyrics. The last couple of years have been very rough for me, but I think I am finally finding peace and tranquility thanks to the little things in life. Watching TV (especially watching shows that make me laugh and squeal), singing, dancing, reading, writing, making new friends, among other things have helped me find myself again. Just being myself. I can relate so much to this song. It makes me wanna dream some more and appreciate even more all those things that have made me happy. I hope you guys can relate to it too. :)

I fly with the stars in the skies,
I am no longer trying to survive. I used to be the kind of girl that was too down to EARTH, and I was afraid of flying. I used to live each day in survival mode, but I no longer want to live that way.
I believe that life is a prize,
But to live doesn’t mean you’re alive. Life is too precious to waste away. Like the Chinese proverb says: Enjoy your life, it's later than you think.
Don’t worry about me and who I fire. I am a very emotional and intense girl, and sometimes when I am caught up in my daily life situations I tend to hurt the people around me because I do not know how to deal with my emotions.
I get what I desire, it’s my empire. I have so many dreams and desires that I will fight for.
And yes I call the shots, I am the umpire. Oh yeah!
I sprinkle holy water upon a vampire, vampire. In my world, all the traitors and the hypocrites.
And this very moment I’m king.
This very moment I slay Goliath with a sling.
This very moment I bring,
Put it on everything that I will retire with the ring,
And I will retire with the crown, Yes!
No, I’m not lucky. I’m blessed, Yes!
Clap for the heavyweight champ, Me!
But I couldn’t do it all alone, We!

Young Money raised me, grew up out in Paisley.
Southside Jamaica, Queens and it’s crazy. I grew up In Guatemala, people! Represent the hood!
Cuz I’m still hood, Hollywood couldn’t change me. I live in Los Angeles, and I feel I haven't changed that much just because I have been living in the United States. :D
Shout out to my haters, sorry that you couldn’t faze me!
'Aint being cocky, we just vindicated, best believe that when we're done.
This moment will be syndicated, I don’t know this night just reminds me of everything that they deprived me of.
Put ya drinks up, it’s a celebration every time we link up.
We done did everything they can think of
Greatness is what we wanna brink up.

I can’t believe we really made it I’m partly surprised, I swear.
Damn, this one for the books, man!
I swear this shit is as fun as it looks, man!
I’m really trying to make it more than what it is, cuz everybody dies but not everybody lives!

This is my moment, I waited all my life I can tell its time.
Drifting away, I’m one with the sunsets, I have become alive.

I wish that I could have this moment for life, for life, for life
Cuz in this moment I just feel so alive, alive, alive...


No comments:

Post a Comment