Friday, September 30, 2011

Sing me life...

This song was written by Gaby Moreno: a very talented Guatemalan singer-songwriter. Her song describes how I feel most days. I attached the song for you to listen to it. It is amazing! Enjoy! :)

Sing the ups
Sing the downs
And the silent people shaking the grounds
Sing the faith
Sing the truth
Burning fire in the belly of youth
Sing the progress
And some missteps
While we're making our way
Somedays it's so hard to escape the dark cloud
Hovering over our heads

Sing the bright day
From a long night
And a tunnel giving way to the light
Sing the good deeds
And the fowl plays
And crosses carried we all pay
Face the problem in our system
We can fight this disease
(I know) Somedays it's so hard to escape the dark cloud
Hovering over our heads

But I'm not gonna let them bend my view
I'm not gonna let them paint me blue
Not this time, not any time,
I'm gonna sing me life
That's what I'm gonna do
(And you should too)

Sing, sing, sing, sing, sing

- Gaby Moreno




No comments:

Post a Comment