Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Joan of Arc


Joan of Arc was named Jeanette by her parents, but she was called Jeanne by the French, which was Latinicized into Johanna, and Anglicized into Joan. Um, hello? Major name change here, huh? Anyways, even if peeps say Joan of Arc was loopy or whatever, I love her. She was so brave and strong. Plus her original name ~Jeanette ~ is a combo of my two names together: Jen + Annette! Jeanette. Awesomeness. 

"Courage! Do not fall back; in a little the place will be yours!"

"Fear not, however many they may be! Neither weigh difficulties. God guides our work."

"Go bravely" all will be well. Have no fear. We shall find none who can harm us."

Joan to a priest while being wet with Holy Water due to the fact that the priest thought Joan was a witch. ~ "And I said to him, 'Come on bravely. I shall not fly away'".

Joan of Arc ~ In her own words ~

Joan always exhorted people to be brave. I wish I were like her. Maybe someday I will be able to tell people to be brave. For now, I have my own fears to deal with and I want to attain the level of bravery Joan had, even if people indeed think I am insane, so be it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment