Sunday, December 25, 2011

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Here are some things I learned from the book 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close'. I can relate to them so much, and if I don't relate to them just yet, I feel like I will be able to apply them to my life someday ~


~I hope that one day you will have the experience of doing something you do not understand for someone you love.

~ I regret that it takes a life to learn how to live.

~ It's not a horrible world, but it is filled with a lot of horrible people.

~ So many people enter and leave your life. Hundreds of thousands of people! You have to keep the door open so they can come in! But it also means you have to let them go.
~ There are more places you haven't heard of than you've heard of.

~ Why didn't I learn to treat everything like it was the last time. My greatest regret was how much I believed in the future.

~ There's nothing wrong with not understanding yourself.

~ ...sometimes you have to put your fears in order...

~ The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering.

~ I took the world into me, rearranged it, and sent it back out as a question: "Do you like me?"

~ I looked at everyone and wondered where they came from, and who they missed and what they were sorry for. I started to wonder if there were other people so lonely so close to each other. I thought about 'Eleanor Rigby'. It's true. Where do they all come from? Where do they all belong? 

Jonathan Safran Foer, for making me think about life with more intensity than I did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment